Wednesday, May 05, 2010

September in May

I've been feeling REALLY guilty about neglecting my little blog [see previous post date] and have decided on a return trial run to see if I really care about continuing this or not since Facebook has pretty much taken over the world.

So I've been accepted as a non-degree student in the graduate school at UCF. Going to take some classes to bump up my graduate English credits so I can teach at the (lowest!) college level. Back to school after years of being out. The last class I took was an education class (several, actually) to bring me up to speed for teaching certification. Those were interesting and (somewhat) helpful in my everyday teaching but definitely cannot be classified as academically rigorous like I fully expect with these grad classes.

John and I have often reflected on our lifelong never-gonna-happen dream of being permanent students, but now that I'm back in the game for a semester, it's still a little scary jumping in again. Here goes.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good for you Val! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you in FL!