Friday, July 24, 2009

Fearful People vs. Faith-filled People

I read an article that reflects on Psalm 37 in Revive, the publication of Life Action Ministries where my brother works. This recent issue was about fear and worry - how appropriate for these times!

Here's the last section, that I need to put on a poster and hang on the wall or something:

"Faith is the antidote to fear. Fearful and faith-filled people experience the same circumstances, but faith-filled people respond by depending on God. Am I a fearful or a faith-filled person?"

There's also a comparison chart that highlights how the two different types of people approach life's trials. I had to check off all the statements on the "fearful people" side. Ouch. Need to read up again on God's promises - and His faithfulness (ahem, which was also the topic of last week's sermon!).

No comments: