Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Everything

Recent events have renewed my appreciation for my husband, for who he is and what he does. God blessed me so much more than I deserved when He brought John into my life. John means everything to me (next to God, of course).


John makes me laugh with his silly sayings and wickedly clever wit.

He knows me better than anyone else, almost reading my mind sometimes.

He spurs me to be a better Christian, wife, daughter, sister, friend.

His self-discipline is an example to this indecisive and easily sidetracked female!

He praises my strengths and dispels my self-doubts.

He plays Scrabble with my grandma.

He values being organized without raising it to the level of being obsessive-compulsive!

He is an English major in disguise; his reviews on his blog are well-written, critical, thoughtful, and insightful - and the words he writes to me are wonderful!

He is a wise financial planner and "saver," who makes me feel secure about our future, no matter what may come.

He is incredibly patient with me.

He values my family (and extended family) as much as I do, even when he doesn't understand our dynamics!

He encourages my hobbies - and knows how to calmly admonish me when they get out of hand!

He will eat almost anything I cook, and would even be happy eating the same 6 meals every week (if I wanted to do that).

He loves to read, possibly more than I do.

He's convinced me to like what I feel are my physical flaws - because he loves every part of me and tells me so, frequently.

He still honors his parents, even though he's not under their roof anymore.

He looks forward to the time when he can lead a Bible study and help others grow in the Word.

He fixes and enhances things on my blog and Facebook profile for me!

He is a hard worker.

He is a confident world traveler who figures things out even when he doesn't speak the native language.

He surprises me by mailing cards to me at work.

He doesn't object when I listen to my Celine Dion playlist on the iPod. And he buys me Celine Dion concert tickets just because he heard about it on the radio!

He listens to all of my stories, like when I recount my weird dreams.

He follows the biblical mandate to be the head of our home, even when it's difficult. (Er, even when I make it difficult.)

He goes to social gatherings with me even though he'd prefer to stay home and read a book.

He hugs me randomly because he knows I need it.

He lets me snuggle against him during a movie even though it might not be comfortable for him.

He means more to me than mere words could possibly describe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save this, frame it, and reread it everytime you get a bit aggravated at some little thing he does, or, when you come head to head in a big disagreement. It is priceless now and has measureless worth for posterity. :)-M

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

Thank you, my love.