Friday, August 18, 2006

Travelogue

My cousins have this map on their blogs, so I thought I'd join the bandwagon. As you can see, I need to get out more. Apparently, I have discriminated against the West but endorse California. I've been to 20 states, or 39% of them (please don't think I did the math -- the site does it for you).




They also have a world map, so I did that one too. My (dad's) grandparents were experienced world travelers in their retirement and calculated that they had visited over 60 countries. Another life goal is to tie that, but I still have a LOOOOOOONG way to go. I decided not to include the country I KNOW I will visit in March! My current count: 8 countries, or a whopping 3%. However, if you consider the way the website "counts" the entire country, I guess this world map nullifies the previous States map and says that I've been to the ENTIRE United States.


(I never actually used my little red suitcase to go to Grandma's, I don't think, but I threw it in here because I like it, and it's cute. Really, it's a suitcase for dolls' clothes. Or a hamster, maybe.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The map was fun to play with. I did mine back on January 10. Here's an attempt to get the link to work. If that doesn't work, go to http://missyisms.typepad.com and use the calendar listing to go to the correct page.

Anonymous said...

Actually, your grandparents visited over 100 countries, and listed each one of them!