Friday, June 03, 2011

Walnut-Pear Green Salad

This salad is like a gourmet salad one would order at a restaurant. I know I say "YUM" all the time on these recipe posts, but it IS good, and I am picky about what salad I like! The recipe is from Eat for Health by Joel Fuhrman.

Serves: 2
Prep Time: 10 min.

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 ounces (about 8 cups) baby salad mix [I get a big box of spring greens]
  • 2 ounces (about 2 cups) arugula or watercress [I skip these since they're expensive and just add more of the other greens ALTHOUGH watercress is very nutrient dense and thus very filling]
  • 1 pear, grated
  • 1/4 cup currants (raisins)
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed or chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's D'Anjou Pear Vinegar or balsamic vinegar [I just use white balsamic pear-infused vinegar that can be found at Publix]
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 pears, peeled and sliced
  • 1/4 cup walnut halves (optional)
DIRECTIONS
Combine greens with grated pear, currants, and walnuts.

Toss with vinegar and olive oil. Top with sliced pears and, if desired, walnut halves.

One serving* contains:
Calories 145.9; protein 1.6g; carbohydrate 35.5g; fat 1.3g; sodium 4.6mg

*That is, provided you use the arugula/watercress...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog. Here you have discussed a different type of cooking item which is very healthy i.e, walnut-pear green salad. I observed the process of making this salad with the full ingredients. I am very much interested in cooking. Thanks for sharing. Apart from this article, I learned about hammerhead shark which is the largest of all hammerhead species.