Prep Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces (about 8 cups) baby salad mix [I get a big box of spring greens]
- 2 ounces (about 2 cups) arugula or watercress [I skip these since they're expensive and just add more of the other greens ALTHOUGH watercress is very nutrient dense and thus very filling]
- 1 pear, grated
- 1/4 cup currants (raisins)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed or chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Fuhrman's D'Anjou Pear Vinegar or balsamic vinegar [I just use white balsamic pear-infused vinegar that can be found at Publix]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup walnut halves (optional)
Combine greens with grated pear, currants, and walnuts.
Toss with vinegar and olive oil. Top with sliced pears and, if desired, walnut halves.
One serving* contains:
Calories 145.9; protein 1.6g; carbohydrate 35.5g; fat 1.3g; sodium 4.6mg
*That is, provided you use the arugula/watercress...